What is temp-to-hire?
Temp to hire, also known as a contract to hire or temp to perm, opportunities are roles in which you work through a team like Moore Staffing, are placed on a temporary assignment with a company. If both you and the company find and confirm that the position is a good match, then you may be hired on as a permanent employee.
Will I definitely become a permanent employee?
While there is no guarantee to becoming a permanent employee, the goal from all party perspectives is for it to be a long-term, permanent role.
What about health insurance and other benefits?
On contract, Moore offers a Health insurance plan through Tufts Medical after 30 days of employment, in addition to sick-time and a 401k match program. Once an employee goes permanent, they assume the benefits offered by their long-term employer.
What are the benefits of choosing a contract-to-hire role?
- Get your resume on top – you have the option of applying for all opportunities on your own, however, with Moore, we are able to send your resume directly to the hiring Manager’s desk. Thus, your resume is separated from the many sent in via their company website.
- Try before you buy – on contract/temp you can try out a company and position to see if it’s a good long-term fit for your career goals and lifestyle.
- Keeping busy while on the search – if you’ve been on the job market for some time now, you know how it can be exhausting. Fill the gaps in your resume and stay sharp by considering temp-to-hire or temporary roles.
- You get your foot in the door with employers, but also a Staffing Manager – Maybe this temporary role wasn’t a fit! That’s okay. If you did a great job and proved yourself to be reliable, your staffing manager will be excited to help you find a new and even better role! We can share our professional connections with you.
Does Moore Staffing only offer temp-to-hire opportunities?
No! We offer direct hire and temporary opportunities as well.
Love it? Like it? Hate it? Try it!
The main advantages of temporary and contract opportunities!
While temporary jobs are shorter in duration than permanent roles, accepting a temporary opportunity, if your situation allows for it, can be a smart move for your career-related future. Statistics from the American Staffing Association show that 9 out of 10 say that staffing work makes them more employable.
Let’s cut to the chase – temporary work is not everyone’s cup-of-tea, but there are many advantages to it. Here are some for you to ponder over:
- Filling resume gaps
Temporary/contract roles are a great way to fill in your resume, especially if you are a recent grad or have taken time out of work. This allows you to gain necessary experience in a field or to get back into your field after a career hiatus.
- Career transition and/or transformation
Have you ever wanted to transition into a new field or industry and were not sure how you may go about doing so? Consider accepting a temporary/contract role to get your foot in the door at a company.
- Connecting and Networking
Temporary/contract jobs allow you to connect with others in your industry/field and network for the future. For example, contracting for a company opens doors and allows you to meet all kinds of new people in your field, especially ones who will be beneficial to your future career.
Do you want to work but also strive for a more flexible schedule? Take on temporary/contract roles when it is convenient for you! In this way, if your schedule does not allow for full-time, permanency roles, you can explore temp/contract work to bring in quick income.
- New tools in your career toolbox
Temporary/contract work is a great way to develop and/or enhance your skill set in a particular industry/field. Who doesn’t enjoy expanding their skillset? Will come in quite handy in the future! The ASA says that 70% of temps learn new, beneficial skills.
- Variety of Life
Temporary/contract work enables you to take on a variety of roles simultaneously. You are able to work temporarily as you build that skill set in various areas.
- Money – Money – Money
Temporary/contract work can be quite helpful to someone who is out of work but needs to remain a steady income. Perhaps, you may work a contract or two while searching for that perfect more permanent role.
- Contract to Permanent hiring is a thing
During a contract/temp-to-hire situation, both you and the company have the chance to determine a fit. You are able to test out the company and the company, concurrently, will do the same. A substantial advantage to the ability to learn the company before being a permanent employee.
Overall, it is best not to think of temporary/contract roles in a negative light. There are so many reasons why this type of work is advantageous for many job seekers/professionals. Also, contract work is not just for lower salary roles either, higher paid professionals contract too. In fact, sometimes a temporary/contract role offers higher paid salaries. Lastly, these opportunities are offered on both a part-time and full-time basis, depending on a company’s needs.
Are you convinced yet? Contact Moore Staffing for your next temporary/contract and contract/temp-to-hire role!
firstname.lastname@example.org or (978) 682-4994.
Business is booming! The success you’ve worked so hard for is on the horizon…but do you have the best people in place to get there?
According to a recent study by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), small business owners are feeling optimistic about the future and preparing to expand at record high rates. This growth and appetite for expansion reflect the positive impact of increasingly beneficial economic policies.
NFIB’s Small Business Optimism index found that 26% of small business owners surveyed plan on creating new jobs in the coming months. This optimism creates a flood of hiring opportunities. Yet, the same survey reveals that 38% of these business owners already have job openings that they are unable to fill. It’s the age-old story of supply and demand with the talent pool currently not keeping up with the business growth on the horizon. In this environment, small business owners need help in finding the best candidates to fill these openings.
Moore Staffing Services is prepared to help your small business compete for the experienced, skilled talent that will contribute to your business’ continued growth and development. Make us your partner in the hiring process and form the dream team you need to take advantage of this economic boom!
Ready to take the first step towards a successful hire? Visit Talent Acquisition or contact fellow small business owner, Mike Moore, directly at Mike@Moorestaffing.com.
Eight Great Reasons to Partner with a Staffing Agency
So it’s the eve of 2019 and you are thinking about looking for an employment opportunity in the New Year. Congratulations, it’s a great time to be out there! The market is hot and you are ready. How will you begin your search? Of course, you’ll go online and see what’s out there. Perhaps you’ll check in with your business network, friends or family. You certainly have options. One of those is to reach out to a staffing agency and connect with an experienced recruiter who can become your trusted partner in the search.
Here are eight great reasons to choose to work with a staffing agency as you embark on your 2019 job search:
- Partnering with experienced recruiters who are invested in your success.
- Choosing the employment option that works for you; temporary, contract-to-hire or direct hire.
- Communicating your employment situation needs and career goals to a partner who can help direct you toward achieving them.
- Accessing opportunities that may not be advertised online or elsewhere.
- Receiving advice on making the most out of your resume and how to tailor it for your search.
- Preparing for interviews with preliminary information about the hiring company and industry.
- Getting feedback and guidance on interview outcomes.
- Having a partner who advocates for you during the process of receiving and negotiating an offer.
The team at Moore Staffing Services prides itself on working hard to get the job done for all of our partner candidates. Our core values of Expertise, Sincerity, Compassion, and Community drive us toward the mutual goal of finding every candidate the opportunity they want and deserve. To learn more about partnering with us, contact email@example.com or call (978) 682-4994
A Simple and Effective Hiring Tool
By Mike Moore, President & COO
During my nearly 40-year staffing industry career, I have seen many changes in the ways companies hire.
In the 1980s candidates were asked to mail or deliver their resumes or stop by the “personnel office” and complete an application. The process picked up speed when the fax machine gained popularity in the late 1980s and even more so with the widespread usage of email in the late 1990s.
With our current labor market, it is critical that hiring companies look for new ways to shorten the cycle time and improve the candidate hiring process. At Moore Staffing, we often see companies take too long to meet face-to-face with candidates, only to lose out on top talent because the candidate accepted an offer from another firm. One simple step we encourage our clients to take is to schedule an initial 20-30 minute phone interview with candidates.
Here are some of the benefits of conducting phone interviews:
• Phone interviews can be scheduled much more quickly than in-person interviews – the sooner you engage a good candidate, the better.
• By making the initial contact by phone, it widens the candidate pool to include out of area superstars who are open to relocation.
• For those candidates who you speak to despite being short on experience, but who appear on paper to be bright and ambitious with strong potential upside, a phone interview is a great tool for assessing whether this candidate may be worth meeting.
• The hiring process is maximized because unqualified candidates are eliminated before wasting the valuable time of human resources, hiring managers and anyone else on the hiring team.
• Verbal communication skills can be assessed during the phone screen.
• Through conversation, candidate and company mismatches can be eliminated and instances of “I wish we knew this before this interview was scheduled” can be avoided. It’s an ideal way to pick up on potential red flags and identify a candidate’s true level of compatibility and interest.
• Candidates are taught never to bring up salary in the first interview, but the green elephant in the room needs to be paid attention to early in the process. If your salary range is 50-60k and the candidate is seeking 70-80k, an early conversation might save both of you time and effort.
• If the pieces appear to be falling into place, initial interviewers can talk about what a great leader the hiring manager is, how the company promotes from within, low turnover, great benefits, etc…and anything else that sells the organization to candidates and encourages them to go forward in the interview process.
• For each candidate moving forward to the in-person interview stage, now equipped with preliminary information, you can prepare specific interview questions that will help peel the onion back on their qualifications for this job, their interest, and overall fit.
By using the phone screen interview you will significantly improve your chances of meeting only qualified, top talent, and save the time, resource allocation and costs associated with a prolonged hiring process!
The team at Moore Staffing Services prides itself on working hard to get the job done! Our core values of Expertise, Sincerity, Compassion, and Community drive us toward the mutual goals of finding every client the best possible candidate to fill their open position, and every candidate the opportunity they want and deserve. To learn more about partnering with us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (978) 682-4994.
October 25, 2019 – Moore Staffing Services of Methuen was awarded “Company of the Year” by American Training, Inc.
At their annual Life Matters Awards Gala, the Andover, MA based non-profit, which provides housing, education, training & support services to people with disabilities, youth at risk & adult learners who are looking for a pathway towards a more meaningful life, recognized Mike Moore and his team for their 20 plus years as supporters of the organization.
Over the years Moore Staffing has provided job placement services to LARE Institute graduates including additional individualized training and workshops. As a proud partner of American Training, Moore Staffing has also supported their mission through fundraising events, donation of athletic event tickets, and providing equipment and furniture to enhance classroom space.
“It was a humbling experience to be awarded for our support of this great organization,” said Mike Moore, President and COO. “Our shared values of giving back and supporting the Community are why this partnership has grown over the years and will continue to do so. We look forward to many more years of being part of American Training’s mission and helping them to ensure that every life does, indeed, matter.”